The aspects of the course that I found most useful;
+ The detailed analysis and method of presentation of anatomy and palpation
The simple and clear explanations made it easier to und...
I found the case studies, clinical decision discussions, differences in treatment using soft tissues techniques & dry needling, clinical findings and the range of treatment choices available...
I appreciated the revision of anatomy and specifically to visualise body parts as in a 3D model. It's been great!!
I started to learn acupuncture quite a number of years ago with Doug's Introductory course in Acupuncture. I returned to my clinic immediately enthusiastic to implement my new skill. In ...
I was just thinking about you this morning. I was DNing a patient and thought about how well run, enjoyable and useful your course was. I did the Introductory Course 2-3 years ago...
The Introductory/Refresher Course was Excellent, both in clinical reasoning and in the practical sessions.
The locations of trigger points, the areas of referred pain/sensation and the...
Great course Doug. A good mix of theory and practical and thoroughly enjoyed the way you present. Thanking you.
I have meant to write to you for a long time now regarding the courses I completed with you in July. I wanted to write to say thank you so much for everything over those 6...
Appreciated refreshing the anatomy landmarks, because of their obvious importance to clinical practice
I found the relaxed environment, made it easier to learn and the pre-reading was helpful.
As a recent grad, I believe this information is critical as another tool for assessment and treatment....
Thank you very much for coming up to Perth and specifically designing a program for us. Communication prior to the course was top standard, the custom upper limb program was ver...
I found the explanation of the pain patterns and clinical reasoning of case studies helpful. This helped me to understand when to use these dry needling techniques on my own clients.
The length of time + content of the Introductory Course was perfect for the two days. Plenty of time for observation of technique.
I have completed three Anatomical Acupuncture courses, traveling from Brisbane to Perth for each course. Prior to the first course I researched the available Dry Needling courses and based o...
Hi Doug, Thanks so much! I have found this stuff very exciting especially for my fibro long term patients. Real functional changes!!
Theory covered - good refresher Surface anatomy + palpation - good refresher Inclusion of case studies very helpful
Have purchased the Visible Body app for my iPad.
And how happy am I??
This app is just amazing!
Can't wait to get using it with my patients.
Big thanks to Doug for t...
Great having the pre-reading materials and the practical experience under guidance. Also the anecdotal stuff and case studies throughout the course.
Good to get the time to practice each area + excellent guidance and supervision in checking technique
I was very helpful to have the Anatomy Wet Lab Workshop before the advanced course to orientate ourselves to the relevant anatomy.
I liked the demonstration and then having time to go away and practice. Also the take home needling kit to practice at home straight away. It was a good course enhancing understanding of anatomy at a ...
I found the comprehensive take home manual, and DVD of technique most helpful
Surface Anatomy - great revision of what we all think we know so well, but actually don't!
1. Practical sessions were very helpful, as was the provided feedback by presenter
2. Course handbook as reference source
I really liked;
- Case studies, to think about where dry needling has been applied successfully
- Review of anatomy and cross sectional slides, because I haven't seen those i...
I enjoyed the opportunity to work through a complex case study, including diagnosis and treatment (all forms of physiotherapy treatment) and then see optimal management.
I really appreciate the anatomy review from the presenter and his explanation of how acupuncture assists clients
The teaching of the anatomy - superficial and deep was very helpful and presented differently to uni - I would be keen to learn more anatomy this way
Hey Doug, Just want to say a quick thanks for sending out these Clinical Kit eZines to those who have previously undertaken you courses. The info is really much appreciated and the effort you go i...
The further information i.e. the extension from the Introductory Course I felt was vital.
Introductory Course was great, but this quadrant specific course is amazing - so much detail and s...
Thank you for another great course (Advanced Upper Quadrant), it was an excellent anatomy refresher and I have used the techniques extensively with some really good effects in conjunction with my othe...
I completed the Advanced Upper and Advanced Lower Quadrant courses with Doug. I found the quality of the content, especially applied anatomy and practical instruction to be exceptional, and ...
Very specific- anatomy and technique... challenges you to think critically about exactly what your are targeting and the reason behind why you are doing it
Since doing the Upper and Lower Quadrant courses, I feel much more confident using dry needling on patients. The courses have empowered me with practical skills and knowledge that I was able to immedi...
- the practical aspect
- having sufficient time and
- good demonstration & supervision most helpful.
The course manual is very informative t...
I found the practical sessions and review of anatomy most helpful. Didn't think I would lose that much recall since only recently graduating, but seems I have!
Key points were the professio...
Doug I found the;
- +case study presentations
- +demos and low ratio of student to presenter
- +plantar fascia discussion
- +wet lab anatomy workshop
Dry Needling Success
Regular blog on Education, Dry Needling & Acupuncture by Clinical Director Doug Cary
Wet Anatomy Workshops | Your Profile | Your Education Fund
As of July, Perth based AAP Education Advanced Courses, now include an exclusive 2 hour Wet Lab Anatomy Workshop in the University of Western Australia's (UWA) Anatomy Laboratories
New Wet Lab Anatomy Workshops
Provided by Course Director Mr. Doug Cary and Anatomist/Biomechanist Dr. Jens Hirschberg.
Full benefits include;
- Opportunity to examine in detail specimens selected from the world-class facilities of the Department of Anatomy & Human Biology, University of Western Australia
- Access to the UWA Anatomy Museum which contains bottled cadaveric specimens, models and charts
- Opportunity to revise and enhance your visualisation and understanding of applied neuromusculoskeletal and regional anatomy
- Anatomy of the specimens explained in detail by functional anatomist and biomechanist Dr Jens Hirschberg, Senior Lecturer, Physiotherapy, University of Notre Dame Australia
- Opportunity to discuss and share your knowledge with colleagues, functional anatomists and experienced acupuncture practitioner
- Specimens include cadaveric prosections, cadaveric plastinations, plastinated cross-sections, articulated skeletons and models
- Lab coats and surgical gloves provided
For those that have previously completed an AAP Education Advanced Course they are invited to update their anatomy skills but numbers will be limited to ensure high transfer of information for all those attending. For further details See Here
We have had both interested clients and other practitioners fielding inquires about "who has done the Upper Quadrant Course in the Northern suburbs?" Why not have FREE advertising
and clients coming to YOUR door. You have already done the hard work (come to the course and stretched your grey matter). All you need to do is update your Profile page on our website - your details, clinic hours and contact information. Easy. Then people can use the search AAP Practitioner function and PRESTO - here they come.....
The Education Fund
From personal experience we notice the growing requirement of new and recent graduates to attend quality, regular professional development. At the same time practice principals in small clinics are increasingly under management load; legal, taxation, superannuation, marketing, and other compliance requirements. When it comes to new staff recruitment or possibly existing staff retention, the small practices struggles to be attractive against larger practices, with inbuilt new graduate training programs, practitioners with specialty skills in a variety of areas and bigger budgets with economies of scale. Sound familiar?
It doesn't have to be that way with our turnkey service The Education Fund, because all the work is done for you. Investing in your staff is an immediate benefit for your clients and your clinic. Put simply, you can now offer existing staff and new potential staff, a suite of professional development opportunities. You decide how many courses you want to invest in and your staff can choose which specific course(s) they wish to attend.
- Ability to offer attractive professional development courses as part of staff recruitment and retention
- Flexibility for staff to choose their own professional development courses
- No professional development planning or presentation of staff inservices
- Preferred notification before general advertisement
- High Quality AAP Education benefits - secure website, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, accredited courses with hour-for-hour national registration requirements & course completion certificate
How Does The Education Fund Work?
- You select and pay via SHOP a Education Fund Package
- You receive a special coupon code that staff use when booking their course
- You inform staff of their entitlement to attend a certain number of courses per year
- Staff select course, enrol online and 'pay' using provided coupon code (% saving on normal course fee)
- You receive Preferred Notification status; emails and newsletters of upcoming courses before general advertisement
As an idea, you could offer a professional development course as part of your clinic reward program or annual prize
Available 2012 Packages
Package 1 - Investment $120
- 1-5 AAP Education PD courses @ 5% per course saving
Package 2 - Investment $400
- 6-10 AAP Education PD courses @ 7.5% per course saving
Package 3 - Investment $800
- 11-15 AAP Education PD courses @ 10% per course saving
Please contact the aapeducation team if you require more than 15 courses.
- APA 2011 ADNG Conference guest presenter Thomas Lundeburg, provides access to over 200 acupuncture and related research articles; http://www.thomaslundeberg.com/articles.htm
- This guy is amazing, or totally crazy. He has roller blades all over his body and speeds downhill. Send him your business cards. Click here
- This is clever, two dogs in a restaurant. You may have seen it but in case you haven't. Click here
- Asian candid camera set up – very funny indeed. Click here
- Incredible big-wave surfing film from Hawaii. Click here
- Why exercise is good for you and at last is being understood. Click here
Please login first in order for you to submit comments