I appreciated the revision of anatomy and specifically to visualise body parts as in a 3D model. It's been great!!
I was very helpful to have the Anatomy Wet Lab Workshop before the advanced course to orientate ourselves to the relevant anatomy.
I started to learn acupuncture quite a number of years ago with Doug's Introductory course in Acupuncture. I returned to my clinic immediately enthusiastic to implement my new skill. In ...
I found the case studies, clinical decision discussions, differences in treatment using soft tissues techniques & dry needling, clinical findings and the range of treatment choices available...
I have completed three Anatomical Acupuncture courses, traveling from Brisbane to Perth for each course. Prior to the first course I researched the available Dry Needling courses and based o...
What I best liked about the course was;
- Lumbar muscle palpation and discussion about treatment theories
- Wet anatomy lab and relating to clinical relevance
- Functional and...
I found the following aspects of the Introductory Course most helpful;
- * dry needling theory + clinical education
- * laid back environment
- * anatomical revision ...
I really liked;
- Case studies, to think about where dry needling has been applied successfully
- Review of anatomy and cross sectional slides, because I haven't seen those i...
I completed the Advanced Upper and Advanced Lower Quadrant courses with Doug. I found the quality of the content, especially applied anatomy and practical instruction to be exceptional, and ...
Appreciated refreshing the anatomy landmarks, because of their obvious importance to clinical practice
- the practical aspect
- having sufficient time and
- good demonstration & supervision most helpful.
The course manual is very informative t...
Have purchased the Visible Body app for my iPad.
And how happy am I??
This app is just amazing!
Can't wait to get using it with my patients.
Big thanks to Doug for t...
Just want to say a quick thanks for sending out these Clinical Kit eZines to those who have previously undertaken you courses. The info is really much appreciated and the effort...
Very specific- anatomy and technique... challenges you to think critically about exactly what your are targeting and the reason behind why you are doing it
I enjoyed the opportunity to work through a complex case study, including diagnosis and treatment (all forms of physiotherapy treatment) and then see optimal management.
I liked the demonstration and then having time to go away and practice. Also the take home needling kit to practice at home straight away. It was a good course enhancing understanding of anatomy at a ...
From the course I found a better understanding of the anatomy via;
- Cross sectional anatomy views
- Description of tissues in layers and depth
- Greater awareness of what I a...
as a chiropractor, dry needling has helped achieve better clinical outcomes via decreased neuromuscular tension and decreased pain levels, allowing for improved patient compliance with home care ...
Surface Anatomy - great revision of what we all think we know so well, but actually don't!
The teaching of the anatomy - superficial and deep was very helpful and presented differently to uni - I would be keen to learn more anatomy this way
I was just thinking about you this morning. I was DNing a patient and thought about how well run, enjoyable and useful your course was. I did the Introductory Course 2-3 years ago...
The length of time + content of the Introductory Course was perfect for the two days. Plenty of time for observation of technique.
I found the practical sessions and review of anatomy most helpful. Didn't think I would lose that much recall since only recently graduating, but seems I have!
Key points were the professio...
Great having the pre-reading materials and the practical experience under guidance. Also the anecdotal stuff and case studies throughout the course.
The further information i.e. the extension from the Introductory Course I felt was vital.
Introductory Course was great, but this quadrant specific course is amazing - so much detail and s...
I found the explanation of the pain patterns and clinical reasoning of case studies helpful. This helped me to understand when to use these dry needling techniques on my own clients.
I appreciated learning the safety for the various muscles around the neck and thoracic spine.
Thank you for another great course (Advanced Upper Quadrant), it was an excellent anatomy refresher and I have used the techniques extensively with some really good effects in conjunction with my othe...
I really appreciate the anatomy review from the presenter and his explanation of how acupuncture assists clients
Theory covered - good refresher Surface anatomy + palpation - good refresher Inclusion of case studies very helpful
1. Practical sessions were very helpful, as was the provided feedback by presenter
2. Course handbook as reference source
The aspects of the course that I found most useful;
+ The detailed analysis and method of presentation of anatomy and palpation
The simple and clear explanations made it easier to und...
Hi Doug, Thanks so much! I have found this stuff very exciting especially for my fibro long term patients. Real functional changes!!
The course had a great balance of theory and practical. I enjoyed learning all the trigger points and referral patterns.
I really appreciated the casual environment in which the course was ...
Great course Doug. A good mix of theory and practical and thoroughly enjoyed the way you present. Thanking you.
I found the comprehensive take home manual, and DVD of technique most helpful
The combination of learning tools provided;
- Practicing on different people – different anatomy to consider
- Practical revision
- Case studies, anatomy review (espe...
Since doing the Upper and Lower Quadrant courses, I feel much more confident using dry needling on patients. The courses have empowered me with practical skills and knowledge that I was able to immedi...
I found the relaxed environment, made it easier to learn and the pre-reading was helpful.
As a recent grad, I believe this information is critical as another tool for assessment and treatment....
Doug I found the;
- + case study presentations
- + demos and low ratio of student to presenter
- + plantar fascia discussion
- + wet lab anatomy worksh...
Good to get the time to practice each area + excellent guidance and supervision in checking technique
I have meant to write to you for a long time now regarding the courses I completed with you in July. I wanted to write to say thank you so much for everything over those 6...
Thank you very much for coming up to Perth and specifically designing a program for us. Communication prior to the course was top standard, the custom upper limb program was ver...
The Introductory/Refresher Course was Excellent, both in clinical reasoning and in the practical sessions.
The locations of trigger points, the areas of referred pain/sensation and the...
Having a Company Customised AAP Education Course
Are all of your staff not at the same level and this prevents your company providing a consistent service?
AAP Education specifically provides a customised service, providing one off, individually tailored courses for forward thinking groups and companies.
In 2012, AAP Eduction designed & provided a fully customised, Anatomical Acupuncture Program 2 day course for 2 Hands Therapy (division of RediMed). To better give you and idea of how our services can help your clients, here is a Q & A with Tim from 2 Hands Therapy ;
- Communication prior to the course was top standard, the custom upper limb program was very detailed and the pre-reading material was extensive
- Layout of program booklet with accompanying disc with video was fantastic
- We were hoping that the program would provide us with the knowledge and skills to improve our hand and upper limb therapy services through the provision of the Anatomical Acupuncture Program. This expectation was definitely met
- Extensive review of anatomy
- The medico-legal, safety procedures and administrative procedures
- The tools to provide quality Anatomical Acupuncture Program service and continue staff development/improvement in the Anatomical Acupuncture Program
- The attention to detail during practical components and your patience with us while learning was exceptional
- Some upper limb areas were missed due to time restrictions, you adapted the course well for this, through focusing on the areas you felt were more relevant for us
- The course and the way you conducted it was great Doug, I would have no hesitation in referring you to other Occupational Therapists interested in dry needling and the Anatomical Acupuncture Program in general
Tim Darch - Senior Occupational Therapist, 2 Hands Therapy, Perth
One of your most important benefits, is that all staff are 'instantly' trained to the same high standard, ensuring your clients receive a consistent level of service, regardless of who they see for treatment.
What Sets the Anatomical Acupuncture Program Apart from the Crowd?
- Your presenters are leading clinicians in their field of expertise
- AAP Education's long standing commitment - we have been training for 16+ years
- We provide a comprehensive and secure online portal of resources and for enrolment
- We have the first and only 100% No Risk Satisfaction Guarantee
- All AAP Education courses are Accredited and contribute to your annual CPD requirements for National Registration
- We provide a detailed, referenced, covered and bound course manual and course completion certificate