The combination of learning tools provided;
- Practicing on different people – different anatomy to consider
- Practical revision
- Case studies, anatomy review (espe...
I have completed three Anatomical Acupuncture courses, traveling from Brisbane to Perth for each course. Prior to the first course I researched the available Dry Needling courses and based o...
Surface Anatomy - great revision of what we all think we know so well, but actually don't!
Very specific- anatomy and technique... challenges you to think critically about exactly what your are targeting and the reason behind why you are doing it
I really liked;
- Case studies, to think about where dry needling has been applied successfully
- Review of anatomy and cross sectional slides, because I haven't seen those i...
The further information i.e. the extension from the Introductory Course I felt was vital.
Introductory Course was great, but this quadrant specific course is amazing - so much detail and s...
Just want to say a quick thanks for sending out these Clinical Kit eZines to those who have previously undertaken you courses. The info is really much appreciated and the effort...
The length of time + content of the Introductory Course was perfect for the two days. Plenty of time for observation of technique.
Good to get the time to practice each area + excellent guidance and supervision in checking technique
The aspects of the course that I found most useful;
+ The detailed analysis and method of presentation of anatomy and palpation
The simple and clear explanations made it easier to und...
I appreciated learning the safety for the various muscles around the neck and thoracic spine.
I started to learn acupuncture quite a number of years ago with Doug's Introductory course in Acupuncture. I returned to my clinic immediately enthusiastic to implement my new skill. In ...
as a chiropractor, dry needling has helped achieve better clinical outcomes via decreased neuromuscular tension and decreased pain levels, allowing for improved patient compliance with home care ...
I was just thinking about you this morning. I was DNing a patient and thought about how well run, enjoyable and useful your course was. I did the Introductory Course 2-3 years ago...
I enjoyed the opportunity to work through a complex case study, including diagnosis and treatment (all forms of physiotherapy treatment) and then see optimal management.
I found the explanation of the pain patterns and clinical reasoning of case studies helpful. This helped me to understand when to use these dry needling techniques on my own clients.
I found the relaxed environment, made it easier to learn and the pre-reading was helpful.
As a recent grad, I believe this information is critical as another tool for assessment and treatment....
Doug I found the;
- + case study presentations
- + demos and low ratio of student to presenter
- + plantar fascia discussion
- + wet lab anatomy worksh...
I was very helpful to have the Anatomy Wet Lab Workshop before the advanced course to orientate ourselves to the relevant anatomy.
From the course I found a better understanding of the anatomy via;
- Cross sectional anatomy views
- Description of tissues in layers and depth
- Greater awareness of what I a...
Great having the pre-reading materials and the practical experience under guidance. Also the anecdotal stuff and case studies throughout the course.
- the practical aspect
- having sufficient time and
- good demonstration & supervision most helpful.
The course manual is very informative t...
Hi Doug, Thanks so much! I have found this stuff very exciting especially for my fibro long term patients. Real functional changes!!
I appreciated the revision of anatomy and specifically to visualise body parts as in a 3D model. It's been great!!
I liked the demonstration and then having time to go away and practice. Also the take home needling kit to practice at home straight away. It was a good course enhancing understanding of anatomy at a ...
I completed the Advanced Upper and Advanced Lower Quadrant courses with Doug. I found the quality of the content, especially applied anatomy and practical instruction to be exceptional, and ...
Have purchased the Visible Body app for my iPad.
And how happy am I??
This app is just amazing!
Can't wait to get using it with my patients.
Big thanks to Doug for t...
What I best liked about the course was;
- Lumbar muscle palpation and discussion about treatment theories
- Wet anatomy lab and relating to clinical relevance
- Functional and...
Appreciated refreshing the anatomy landmarks, because of their obvious importance to clinical practice
I really appreciate the anatomy review from the presenter and his explanation of how acupuncture assists clients
The teaching of the anatomy - superficial and deep was very helpful and presented differently to uni - I would be keen to learn more anatomy this way
I found the practical sessions and review of anatomy most helpful. Didn't think I would lose that much recall since only recently graduating, but seems I have!
Key points were the professio...
1. Practical sessions were very helpful, as was the provided feedback by presenter
2. Course handbook as reference source
I found the case studies, clinical decision discussions, differences in treatment using soft tissues techniques & dry needling, clinical findings and the range of treatment choices available...
The Introductory/Refresher Course was Excellent, both in clinical reasoning and in the practical sessions.
The locations of trigger points, the areas of referred pain/sensation and the...
Since doing the Upper and Lower Quadrant courses, I feel much more confident using dry needling on patients. The courses have empowered me with practical skills and knowledge that I was able to immedi...
Thank you very much for coming up to Perth and specifically designing a program for us. Communication prior to the course was top standard, the custom upper limb program was ver...
I have meant to write to you for a long time now regarding the courses I completed with you in July. I wanted to write to say thank you so much for everything over those 6...
Thank you for another great course (Advanced Upper Quadrant), it was an excellent anatomy refresher and I have used the techniques extensively with some really good effects in conjunction with my othe...
Great course Doug. A good mix of theory and practical and thoroughly enjoyed the way you present. Thanking you.
Theory covered - good refresher Surface anatomy + palpation - good refresher Inclusion of case studies very helpful
I found the comprehensive take home manual, and DVD of technique most helpful
The course had a great balance of theory and practical. I enjoyed learning all the trigger points and referral patterns.
I really appreciated the casual environment in which the course was ...
I found the following aspects of the Introductory Course most helpful;
- * dry needling theory + clinical education
- * laid back environment
- * anatomical revision ...
These terms and conditions apply to bookings made for any attendance-based course via the aapeducation.com.au website, (”AAP Education”) by or for one or more persons ("you"). This website is owned (“the owner”) and operated by Seasons West Pty Ltd (ACN 58 081 019 007) in Australia. Booking a course on this website is considered an offer made by you to purchase the services of AAP Education, subject to these terms and conditions.
Technique Library Series Purchase
For ethical, copyright and professional scope of practice reasons, DVD & Muscle Grab purchases are only for you. Purchasing Technique Library content means you agree not to copy or share this content. The video content is an adjunct teaching aid, not a stand alone instruction of needling technique.
Booking & Payment
- The full course fee is due at the time of booking. All fees shown on this website are in Australian dollars, per person, inclusive of GST, unless otherwise stated and subject to change without notice
- As confirmation of registration you will receive a course acceptance email, a receipt and any other information relevant to the course. If you do not receive confirmation of your registration please contact AAP Education
- Prices do not include travel to and from the course, accommodation or lunch unless otherwise stated
- AAP Education will not be held responsible for returned cheques due to insufficient funds being available in your account. A $50 standard administration charge is due for any cheques returned by your bank as unpaid
Cancellation by You;This applies to all cancellations, including those due to medical, personal or family reasons.
- AAP Education will try to accommodate any changes but there is no guarantee. All changes incur our standard administration charge (SAC) of $50
- An applicant who wishes to withdraw from a course must do so in writing enclosing their course fee receipt
- If you cancel your booking 4 weeks or earlier than the course date the SAC only will apply
- No refund is available less than four weeks from course date or non-attendance at a course
Cancellation by AAP Education;
- AAP Education will endeavor to run all advertised courses. If circumstances occur that force us to cancel an event, you will receive a full refund or the opportunity to transfer your place to the same course on another date. Whichever is preferable to you
- AAP Education aims to provide a minimum of 4 weeks notice
- AAP Education is not held liable for any additional expenses you incur through cancelling the event e.g. travel expenses and accommodation.
Waiting ListIf a course is full, participants can ask in writing to be placed upon a waiting list. If a position becomes available on a course, we will endeavor to contact participants in the order they are on the waiting list via their preferred contact details.
Course ContentAAP Education endeavors to provide the course as described on the website or in any other promotional material. Please be aware, due to unforeseen circumstances details may need to be altered; however the overall quality of the course will not be diminished.
AssociatesAAP Education works with a number of other companies, venues and service providers. AAP Education cannot be held liable for any damages, losses or inconveniences resulting from them. AAP Education will always try to make sure these problems are minimal and will deal with situations as they arise to minimize any inconvenience to you.
Warranty & Liability
- Information on this website relating to course content, duration, scheduling and all other details is provided by AAP Education. The owner accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided; neither does the owner warrant the suitability of any course to your specific needs. No guarantees are made as to the availability of the courses shown, or to the course outcomes, where stated or inferred
- The owner shall not be liable for any inconvenience, howsoever caused, or expense incurred by the use of information provided on this site. The owner disclaims all liability for any errors or inaccuracies in the information supplied by AAP Education. The owner will not be liable for damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental, including but not limited to loss of profits or savings or damages
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure they have current national professional registration
- You accept that these courses have a practical component to them, which if applied inappropriately may involve elements of risk or discomfort. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you take personal responsibility for your own actions
- AAP Education takes no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of course participation
- AAP Education takes no responsibility for the use of any material or skills with any future patients following completion of your course. You must at all times work within your own ability and scope of practice. We reserve the right to refuse your acceptance on a course if we feel it is outside your scope of practice and may put other participants at risk or injury or discomfort
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have professional liability insurance to cover you for your attendance at the course and the course content. We reserve the right to refuse entry to a course if you cannot demonstrate you have appropriate liability insurance. AAP Education will not be liable for any refund in these circumstances
- AAP Education reserve the right to remove any person from a course if their behavior is deemed by the tutor to be detrimental to the group, unsafe or adversely affecting the groups' enjoyment. AAP Education will not be liable for any refund in these circumstances
MedicalIt is your responsibility to ensure that you are sufficiently fit and adequately equipped to partake on your chosen course. You must tell us of any medical conditions at the time of booking. If for any reason you are not in a suitable condition to attend or complete a course or are under the influence of drink or drugs the presenter may ask you to leave the course. AAP Education will not be liable for any extra expense incurred by this and you will not be able to claim a refund.
ComplaintsShould you have a problem or complaint on your course you must bring it to the attention of the presenter as soon as possible and we will try to rectify the problem. If you feel that the problem was not resolved you must inform us in writing within 30 days and we will respond within 30 days to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of both parties.
- There may be an element of undressing as part of the practical components of courses. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing for participation in practical components where undressing is not required
- A certificate of attendance will be issued once you complete the course and examinations
Changes to Terms & ConditionsThe owner reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time.
Participant ReviewsAs part of the service to participants, this website invites reviews from participants on completion of their course. This information may be displayed on this website to aid evaluation and choice of courses by others. The owner is not responsible for the content of these reviews, nor warrants their accuracy.