Advanced Running Assessment + Rehabilitation
Integrating Strength & Conditioning with the Rehabilitation of Runners
Do you want to reduce the injury risk of your runners?
Do you want to improve their performance following rehab?
Participation in running is at an all time high. Running however, is a high-risk activity with an injury rate of up to 50 – 85 % during any 12 month period. Integrating strength and conditioning in the rehabilitation of runners can REDUCE injury risk and IMPROVE performance.
This highly practical course will give you the skills and knowledge to integrate strength and conditioning tools in the rehabilitation of injured runners. This two day course provides a unique opportunity to integrate an evidence based approach to injury prevention and performance enhancement in the management of running injuries.
There will be a particular focus on functional screening and movement analysis to guide S&C exercise prescription and progression. There will be special emphasis on assessment of running gait with discussion on running re-training, step rate (cadence) manipulation, mirror re-training and mobility drills to improve running economy.
Presented by Glen and Ben, this highly practical course will give you the skills and knowledge to integrate advanced training methods (plyometric, dynamic mobility and running drills) in the rehabilitation of runners and prescribe conditioning programmes with a deep understanding of how they affect pathology and performance. Plyometrics is a critical intervention for any patient who wishes to return to impact activities such as running and has shown to improve performance and reduce injury risk. These runner-specific conditioning programmes will enable your clients to become faster, stronger and more efficient runners.
- Explore important strength and conditioning training principles to consider during assessment and rehabilitation of running injuries and integrate use of evidence based injury prevention tools as part of lower limb rehabilitation
- Understand common biomechanical and movement pattern dysfunction of runners
- Develop skills and clinical reasoning processes to apply S&C training methods in the late stage rehab of runners with practical case studies
- Practical application of strength-endurance training, plyometrics, dynamic core stability, hip stabilisation, mobility drills and progression in runners
- Develop skills and clinical reasoning processes to apply running re-training interventions in the context of running related injuries
Feedback from 2018 Courses
A densely packed 2-days of education, presented by 2 international presenters.
As part of AAP Education's ethos of supporting new and recent graduates and rural and remote practitioners, we are making available 4 places at a saving of $100. Available to those who have graduated in 2017 and 2018 or work in a rural locality (RA3/4/5). See Doctor Locator.
To qualify for this please either send a copy of your graduating certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org on enrolment (recent graduate) or email with a copy of a household invoice (Watercorp, Horizon Power, Telstra) showing your home address.
|Event End Date||Sun-21-Jul-2019|
|Ticket Type||Price||Available place|
AAP Education Member
Free lifetime membership + benefits with course
Rural & Remote Clinician
Eligibility = rural zone RA 3/4/5. http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/locator. Free lifetime membership + benefits with course
New & Recent Graduate
Graduate from the past 2 years