Living Anatomy Wet Lab Workshop
Do You think CPR is Important?
Yes ....... Well like CPR, anatomy is a core skill for manual therapists and requires repeated reinforcement to remain fresh. These workshops are open to all health professionals - physiotherapist, chiropractors, occupational therapist, podiatrist, and doctors. The two-hour intensive program features a range of cadavers that demonstrate important anatomical features in the Head & Neck, Upper Limb, Lower Limb and Spinal Column. Course director takes you on an enjoyable anatomical journey down memory lane, linking anatomy and clinical relevance.
In 2011, AAP Education commenced an exclusive 2-hour Wet Lab Anatomy Workshop as an integral part of the Anatomical Acupuncture Advanced Courses. These workshops have since become popular with health professionals more generally, wishing to update their skills in this core learning area. Courses have been taught at the University of Western Australia (UWA) and University of Queensland (UQ) in their Anatomy Laboratories with Course Director Mr Doug Cary.
Full benefits include;
- Opportunity to examine in detail Upper Limb, Lower Limb, and Spinal specimens selected from the world-class facilities of UWA and UQ
- Opportunity to revise and enhance your visualisation and understanding of applied neuromusculoskeletal and regional anatomy
- Anatomy of the specimens explained in detail by Doug Cary, Course Director AAP Education
- Opportunity to discuss and share your knowledge with colleagues and experienced dry needling practitioners
- Specimens can include cadaveric prosections, cadaveric plastination, plastinated cross-sections, articulated skeletons and models
- Lab coats and surgical gloves provided, closed shoes required
It is recommended you attend a Living Anatomy Workshop update every 2 years. Anatomy is fundamental to daily clinical practice, and like CPR, regular review is essential. A high ratio of specimens is arranged to ensure a high transfer of information and a pre-workshop learning quiz is provided.
Click here for our recommendations of books to assist your study.
Location & Parking Details
For complete details see Venues and Parking
There are no events in the selected category