Level 2 - Dry Needling Spine & Lower Quadrant Course
Getting great dry needling results and aspire to extend your skills to a greater range of clients?
Aware of your technical limitations and professional responsibility to stay within your scope of practice?
This dry needing course is designed for those who have attended a Level 1 - Dry Needling Introductory Course and are enthusiastic clinicians, wanting to utilise dry needling for conditions involving the spine & lower quadrant. Electro-acupuncture and gua sha fascial massage are also covered. With many clients presenting with acute lumbar pain and viscerosomatic pain, having dry needling skills to treat these areas alone, saves time and improves client education, rapport and outcomes.
Dry Needling Course Participation Requirements
- Due to the presumed anatomy knowledge, advanced palpation skills and structure of these courses, our minimal education standard is a degree course or equivalent in an area of the medical sciences (e.g. physiotherapy, osteopathy, myotherapy, chiropractic, medicine, podiatry)
- You are required to provide current registration with your national professional body
- You are required to have public indemnity insurance as per your professional bodies minimum standard
- For these reasons, graduates of human movements, exercise physiology, nursing, remedial & therapeutic massage are ineligible to apply and AAP Education recommends you seek a course focused on simple dry needling techniques
"Great theory and practical. Great tips on how to manage clinical presentations. I found all of the course really helpful"
Dr Sarahjane O'Leary - Osteopath
I have meant to write to you for a long time now regarding the courses I completed with you in July. I wanted to write and say thank you so much for everything over those 6 days. I found the courses ABSOLUTELY fantastic and they provided me with a much more holistic and open-minded view while starting in on my physiotherapy career.
During uni, there was so much focus on joints, joints, joints and Maitland techniques as the 'be all and end all' of treatment. Adding acupuncture to my clinical set of skills and the knowledge of how it can be utilised to impact upon patients' conditions and their symptoms has been vital in developing myself as a more broad-minded physiotherapist. Thank you again."
Annie Dummett - Physiotherapist
After completing this dry needing course you will;
- Increase client base by treating viscerosomatic pain problems
- Experience in using electro-acupuncture
- Experience in using Gua Sha massage
- Understand management strategies for difficult conditions like plantar fasciitis
- Integrate lumbar trigger points using a facilitated 'layering' segment paradigm
- Learn referral patterns, clinical tests, and home programs for over 20 common clinically presenting muscles
Restricted to only 14 participants, this dry needling course is designed to be intense & maximise your formal learning but allow plenty of time for off tangent clinical discussions. Post course comments like “ it was so good to see how to integrate dry needling with all the other client management skills" and " anatomy, anatomy anatomy - what a great way to learn it again" are common.
This dry needling course is not a ‘technique’ course. You will learn and apply your skills of observation, palpation, surface and 3D depth anatomy, clinical reasoning and exercise progression to appropriately manage clients successfully. Doug brings together all these skills as a specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapist with over 30 years as a full-time practising clinician and researcher.
Advanced Dry Needling Course - What to Expect
Additional Bonus – Living Anatomy Wet Lab Workshop
This is truly a unique opportunity to put together surface anatomy with 3D depth anatomy. Bringing together a dry needling clinician and cadavers in the same room provides you with the opportunity like never before to put theory and clinical practice together.
Full benefits include;
- Opportunity to examine in detail specimens selected in world-class facilities
- Opportunity to revise and enhance your visualisation and understanding of applied neuromusculoskeletal and regional anatomy
- Anatomy of the specimens explained in detail by Dr Doug Cary - Course Director
- Opportunity to discuss and share your knowledge with colleagues and experienced dry needling practitioners
- Lab coats and surgical gloves provided, closed shoes required
At the end of the day, we treat human 3D bodies and you can only get so much information from 2D books. One of the most common comments from past participants was "wouldn’t it be great to have wet lab anatomy sessions to coincide with advanced courses in dry needling," and now you have it! This is the first and only program in Australia offering this important course inclusion.
"I have been using the dry needling techniques recently learnt on the Level 2 Spine and Advanced Lower Quadrant, especially the lumbar spine, and the results have been amazing! A new client came with a 4 year history of pain and seeing a variety of health care practitioners. After needling her EO & ES & QL, her pain is now minimal and she became teary after being able to breathe without pain for the first time in 4 years. So thanks for sharing your expertise, the results I'm getting are really exciting. Thanks Doug."
Bernie Camarri - Physiotherapist
Click here for our recommendations of books to assist your study.
Continuing Professional Development
AAP Accredited course: 12 hours National Registration CPD requirements
Rural & Remote Professional Development Support
See Rural Workforce Support Agencies for details in your state or territory.
Safe & Effective Lower Quadrant Dry Needling
The Level 2 - Spine & Lower Quadrant is a single day course building upon knowledge gained in the Level 1- Dry Needling Introductory Course. Detailed reviews of the relevant functional and surface anatomy, tissue localisation skills & clinical examples are provided for the lumbar spine, abdomen, pelvis and lower limb. Electrotherapy and Gua Sha techniques are also taught.
Practical Day: 15/2/2021 8.15 to 4.00pm.
An AAP Education Accredited Course. AHPRA CPD 12 hours.
|Event Date||Mon 15 Feb, 2021|
|Event End Date||Mon 15 Feb, 2021|
|Location||Vivacious Living Centre|
|Ticket Type||Price||Available place|
AAP Education Member
Free lifetime AAP Education membership + benefits with course