Level 1 Introductory Dry Needling Course - Perth
Wanting to add Dry Needling to your Clinical Kit? Have you noticed your hands ache after a day of soft tissue work? Hypermobile thumbs perhaps? Or do you want to better understand how dry needling & acupuncture interact with manual therapy?
All great questions. All have been asked by the 1000s of manual therapists that have previously attended our Level 1 - Introductory/Refresher Course, the first part of our Clinical Dry Needling Program.
This course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive introduction to dry needling theory and clinical practice. It is suited to clinicians with limited or no experience and covers minimum requirements for professional indemnity insurance. Practitioners must stay within their scope of practice after completion of their training.
Our Course Structure
The Level 1- Introductory Course consists of three components;
- Online Theory (work at your own pace, time & location)
- Wet Lab Anatomy Workshop (2 hour exclusive)
- Either a Saturday OR a Sunday practical workshop day (you get to choose which day you sleep in!)
Course Participation Compulsory Requirements
- Due to the presumed anatomy knowledge, advanced palpation skills and structure of these courses, our minimal education standard is a degree course or higher in an area of the medical sciences; physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic, medicine, podiatry or occupational therapy
- You are required to have current registration with your national professional body (e.g AHPRA) not an industry body like ESSA
- You are required to have public indemnity insurance as per your professional bodies minimum standard
- For these reasons, graduates of human movements, exercise physiology, nursing, remedial & therapeutic massage are ineligible to apply and AAP Education recommends you seek a course focused only on simple dry needling techniques
"I really appreciated;
- Surface anatomy review
- Doug - very approachable + non-threatening
- Manual - very detailed + easy to read
- Regular breaks - great for someone that is 20 weeks pregnant"
Beth Vellios - Physiotherapist
"Doug I found the;
- case study presentations
- demos and the low ratio of students to presenter
- plantar fascia discussion
- wet lab anatomy workshop
- course manual and technique DVD for future reference all very helpful.
This course goes beyond just needling skills and pushes your ability to clinically reason. It encourages thinking outside the box and to question what is already 'given knowledge'. It's been a pleasure being in your course the past 4 days."
Tisha Bohne - Physiotherapist
Click here for our recommendations of books to assist your study.
Continuing Professional Development
An AAP Accredited course: 20 hours National AHPRA Registration CPD requirements (Includes Living Anatomy Wet Lab, Pre-reading and online study modules)
What Sets AAP Education Apart from the Crowd?
YOU RISK NOTHING! Attend an AAP Education course and if you are not absolutely convinced that it will improve how you treat your clients, we will provide you with a complete refund. Try doing that with one of our competitors. We are the only ones who give a 30 day, 100% No Risk Satisfaction Guarantee. Why? Because we are sure the course content quality and clinical insights you receive, guarantee you exceptional value for your money. P.S. No one in since 1995 has ever asked for a refund from us. Ever!
LIFETIME SUPPORT. Why go through the same pitfalls? Why reinvent the wheel? Your dry needling skills will develop through a series of progressively challenging courses, from Level 1 Introductory to Level 4 Master Needling. Along the way you learn in a supportive environment, combining theory practical, case studies and clinical reasoning. Even when not at a course and you have access to the course director for answers, receive fortnightly ezines packed with clinical information and have access to a large online Resources Library with webinars, documents, and research papers. Why? Learning shouldn’t be threatening! We want your learning to be clinically relevant and fun. We offer the only progressive, COMPLETE dry needling program with LIFETIME support.
EXPERTISE. You will benefit from a presenter who has achieved specialisation in musculoskeletal physiotherapy, with 30 years full-time clinical experience, teaching dry needling since 1995 and involved in ongoing research at Curtin University. He also provides forensic consultation in dry needling and physiotherapy for AHPRA and other legal authorities.
BONUS LEARNING TOOLS. Most people don’t recall everything. For this reason, you receive an Anatomical Acupuncture Dry Needling Course Specific DVD (Value $100) of all the techniques demonstrated during that course. Isn’t that a great resource? In addition to your course DVD, you receive a BONUS study pack (Value $60) that contains needles plus several other essential tools to enhance your learning.
COMPLETE LEARNING MATERIALS. From the moment you enrol, you are learning. You receive access to online theory modules, anatomy quizzes and online articles. All to maximise your on the day learning. A Living Anatomy Wet Laboratory workshop is included, to enable important review of anatomy ‘in the flesh’. No competitor provides access to anatomy workshops with a dry needling emphasis. Before the course, you receive an Emanual, full text (no power point handouts) (Value $85). You can sit back, take notes, absorb information and review references later. It all makes your learning easy. For your PD portfolio, we provide individualised Course Competency & Completion Certificates (Value $35). No extra charge.
TIME CREATION. I find when using dry needling to treat clients, it creates 3-4 EXTRA minutes every client if I am treating pain, trigger points or muscle spasm. Over a day of 15-20 clients, this is an extra hour, which I choose to spend providing more comprehensive client education and home exercise development. In this way, dry needling improves client outcomes through short-term pain relief and long-term functional improvements.
There are no events in the selected category