Complex Hip & Knee Assessment + Rehabilitation
Complex Hip (Level 2) Assessment & Treatment
This one day workshop is designed for all therapists who work with physically active patients with anterior hip and groin pain. The aim of the course is to provide a clear, honest and evidence-based look, combined with more than 25 years of joint clinical experience at what does and does not work in the assessment and management of the active hip patient. A key goal would be for you to leave with things that both simplify the hip for you and help differential diagnoses what is going on, both articular and extra-articular pathologies of the hip.
- What could be the reasons for the recent increase in hip complaints in the adult population?
- What are the common hip conditions which you encounter in your clinical practice?
- Is OA common in the population group, below the age of 50? What could be the causes of early OA in this group?
- Why is the examination of hip and groin considered, clinically challenging?
- What are the red flags associated with the hip and groin region & how do you identify them?
- What are the key subjective questions, relevant for the hip examination?
- How do you approach the objective examination of the adult hip?
- What are the different types of hip impingement syndromes?
- How common is FAI in the general population? Is it a pathological finding or an anatomical variance?
- What is the typical clinical presentation of a FAI?
- What is the common functional impairments observed in FAI on physical examination?
- What are common causes of Labral tears?
- How is the presentation of Labral tears, different from FAI?
- What are the objective tests which you use to identify Labral tears?
Some Hip Tasters
Advanced Knee Assessment + Rehabilitation
Feedback from 2018 Courses
A densely packed 2-days of education, presented by 2 international presenters.
As part of AAP Education's ethos of supporting new and recent graduates and rural and remote practitioners, we are making available 4 places at a saving of $100. Available to those who have graduated in 2017 and 2018 or work in a rural locality (RA3/4/5). See Doctor Locator.
To qualify for this please either send a copy of your graduating certificate to email@example.com on enrolment (recent graduate) or email with a copy of a household invoice (Watercorp, Horizon Power, Telstra) showing your home address.
|Event End Date||Sun-28-Jul-2019|
|Location||Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital - Physio Department|
|Ticket Type||Price||Available place|
AAP Education Member
Includes free lifetime AAP Education membership
Rural & Remote Clinician Scholarship
Eligibility = rural zone RA 3/4/5. http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/locator. Free lifetime membership + benefits with course
New & Recent Graduate Scholarship
Graduate from the past 2 years. Proof of graduation required