Fascial Manipulation Level 1
Presented by Ms. Julie Ann Day, this 6-day course is an intensive course where theory lessons, demonstrations, and practice between participants alternate throughout the day.
The course is specifically designed for;
- physiotherapists (including final year students)
- medical doctors
- TCM doctors
Myotherapists and massage therapists that have extensive training and experience may be considered but will be required to submit a curriculum vitae detailing their additional training and experience. Send to Clinical Director.
"I have so much to say about how good and worthwhile this method and course is and how great a teacher Julie is.
The Stecco Fascial Manipulation Courses provide the physiotherapist with a detailed understanding of the fascial system. The practical component of the courses is extensive and there is plenty of time to practice palpating the fascial points and to develop the correct treatment techniques. Julie is an inspiring physiotherapist with amazing skills and has a great teaching method.
Fascial manipulation can be applied to nearly every musculoskeletal condition that physiotherapists treat in their clinics. It provides a framework that allows for some simply amazing results. One patient suffering from 4 years of chronic significant neck pain with limited movement (I had treated her with all the standard techniques including joint mobs, muscle releases, neural mobilisation, postural correction, stretches, and exercises – only ever achieving temporary results) regained her full neck movement with no pain after 1 treatment of a Spiral fascial point on her forearm. We were both amazed and her outlook on life is so much more positive. I’ve been working as a physiotherapist for the past 32 years with elite sporting teams and private patients. During this time I have palpated and seen many patients with signs and symptoms that do not fit the standard anatomical nerve / joint / muscle referral patterns. This can now be explained by the facial system.
Add this course to your Professional Development program and you too will be inspired and able to provide an even higher standard of care for your patients."
Jim Eustace APAM
Chair Physiotherapy Business Australia - Qld Chapter
Why chose the Fascial Manipulation Diploma?
Attending a 6-day course is a significant investment in time and finance for any busy practitioner.
- Mr. Luigi Stecco and his associates present this competency-based diploma program of Level 1 (6 days) Level 2 (6 days) and Level 3 courses around the world (see other courses available in the world). To gain the complete qualification in Facial Manipulation, successful completion of both Level 1 & 2 is required. Each course is competency based and there is both an oral and written examination. Textbooks are written in 6 languages.
- The Fascial Manipulation Association holds an annual conference in which participants and researchers from around the world gather to discuss new findings and treatment directions.
- The founder of Fascial Manipulation Mr. Luigi Stecco and co-researchers have published extensively - see PubMed search
- In addition to these articles, textbooks are available;
Stecco, L. 2004. Fascial Manipulation. Piccin, Italy
Stecco, L & Stecco C. 2009. Fascial Manipulation:Practical part. Piccin, Italy
Stecca, C. 2014. Functional Atlas of the Human Fascial System: Churchill Livingstone
On completion of this course, participants are invited to enrol in the Level 2, 6-day course. On successful completion of Level 1 & 2, participants are invited to attend the Level 3 course. It is recommended that participants complete 12 months practice before attending Level 3.
- Introductory video produced by students describing, the Facial Manipulation Method here,
- Video case study presentation here
- Advancements in the practice and research of fascial manipulation here
- Fascial Manipulation Association's website,
Early bird discount of 10% will be applied during Checkout until 31/12/2017
Presenter: Julie Ann Day
This 6-day program is divided into 2 blocks of three days (Mar 9/10/11 & Mar 16/17/18). Friday 3.00 - 8.00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9.00 - 5.00pm
Participants will learn to evaluate musculoskeletal dysfunctions, with specific reference to the human fascial system, and to apply the Fascial Manipulation technique as taught by Mr. Luigi Stecco. Lessons include anatomy and physiology of the fascial system, explanation of the biomechanical model used in the application of this technique and the anatomical localisation of key fascial points. The evaluation of musculoskeletal dysfunctions from anamnesis to hypothesis to verification and treatment is emphasised, together with the methodology of treatment and treatment strategies.
Plan ahead and note parking options and venue location.
After enrolling, please check attachments to your Confirmation Email as these provide access to your pre- reading materials.
An AAP Education Accredited Course. AHPRA CPD hours 48.
|Event End Date||Sun-18-Mar-2018|
|Location||Balmain Sports Medicine|
|Ticket Type||Price||Available place|
AAP Education Member
Free lifetime membership + benefits with course