GDS Thoracic-Pelvic Region
Theoretical considerations covered include;
- The point of view of the G.D.S.® Method of the articular and muscular chains with the postural and psycho-corporal typologies.
- The global postural physiology in the statics and dynamics with the respiratory and perineal rhythmicity. The topography of the myofascial chains in the thoracic-pelvic region facilitates postural and dynamic reflex breathing during walking and running.
- Postural typologies and their impact on respiratory and pelvic rhythmicity.
- The alternation between thoracic and abdominal pressures and their influence on visceral functions.
Thoracic-pelvic pathologies covered include;
- Low back pain
- Referred pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Respiratory pathologies (asthma, emphysema, post-Covid syndrome) and their impact on the thorax, the cervical spine and the dorso-lumbar region
Practical sessions will address;
- Global static and dynamic postural assessment according to the GDS® Method.
- Thoraco-lumbar examination of respiratory and pelvic typologies with pelvic palpatory assessment and thoracic elasticity tests.
- Manual therapy techniques for the thoraco-pelvic region include; fascial therapy, reflex massage, isometrics, stretching postures, passive rhythmic mobilisations, the release of articular chains, and thoracic modelling.
- Exercise training to facilitate the diaphragmatic and perineal rhythmicity and respiratory synchronicity in relation to the "postural spinal reflex breathing".