Lower Limb Tendons: Assessment to Rehabilitation
Why don’t you spend a weekend talking tendons?!
This practical course will cover every aspect of lower limb tendon assessment including differential diagnosis, as well as complete rehabilitation. It is critical we are evidence based but not recipe driven – come and learn how to tailor a program for every patient you see.
Ebonie Rio has worked alongside Jill Cook, Lorimer Moseley, Craig Purdam and Sean Docking, who have all been responsible for some ground-breaking research in the areas of pain and tendinopathy.
Ebonie works as a Sports Physiotherapist at the Victorian Institute of Sport and runs a tendon clinic. Her previous clinical career has included Australian Institute of Sport, Australian Ballet Company, Australian Ballet School, Melbourne Heart Football Club, Alphington Sports Medicine Centre, Victorian Institute of Sport, 2006 Commonwealth Games, 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, 2010 Singapore Youth Olympics, 2012 London Paralympics, 18 months travelling with Disney’s The Lion King stage show (Melbourne and Shanghai tour).
This course will give you the skills and confidence to;
- Diagnose lower limb tendinopathy and differentiate other conditions that alter your treatment path
- Complete a thorough subjective assessment of your patient including relevant co-morbidities, when to refer on, how to recognise and celebrate pink flags!
- Undertake a graded objective assessment that you can tailor depending on your patient. This will ensure you have a complete understanding of their current function and can come up with a plan together
- Understand who gets tendon pain? Clinical presentations of tendon pain and understanding the difference between nociception and pain using the biopsychosocial model
- Know when to use imaging with tendons and what to choose, what language to use and how to place in context
- Rehabilitate lower limb tendinopathy including tips on how to settle pain (for example in season) and tips and tricks to use in your clinical treatment, know how and when to progress
- Isometrics? Eccentrics? HRT? The most up-to-date exercise regimes and their effectiveness in treating tendinopathy (spoiler alert – there is no recipe that suits every patient!)
- Prescribe exercise with confidence
- Decide what adjuncts have a role in your practice
- Know what to do when they are tricky and not getting better!
A unique opportunity to learn from an internationally renown clinician and researcher in the field of tendon function and dysfunction. Enjoy 2 days of myth busting and fact building in the field of lower limb tendon assessment and management.
An AAP Education Accredited Course. AHPRA CPD 18 hours.
|Event Date||Sat 21 Nov, 2020|
|Event End Date||Sun 22 Nov, 2020|
|Location||SCGH - Physio Department|
|Ticket Type||Price||Available place|
AAP Education Member
Free lifetime membership + benefits with course
New & Recent Graduate
Eligibility = rural zone RA 3/4/5. http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/locator. Free lifetime membership + benefits with course