Deserve a treat with a clinical bonus? How about escaping the Auzzie winter cold for a week or two?
What about 7 days of surf, diving, watersports and sun in the Malidives?
Yep, the AAP Eduation Eduventure has been remodelled based upon local scouting, and we have secured a very classy location.
Package Maldives @ Hudhuranfushi Resort
AAP Education is offering either a one week or two week option, for an all-new educational experience.
- 7 nights in July accommodation in either Lohis Rooms or Beach Villas (accommodation is based on twin share)
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner in main restaurant
- 3 snack buffets (morning tea/ afternoon tea/ midnight snacks) and "all inclusive" beverages
- Mostly Physiotherapy + other education (e.g. finance) program for 4 hours per day
- Opportunity to surf from beginner to intermediate waves (body boarding or body surfing if you are not into upright surfing)
- Non-surf activities like snorkelling, scuba, swimming, yoga, massage, chilling out and island exploring can be arranged
There are not too many resorts in the world with a world-class wave within walking distance from your room. Lohis is widely regarded as the best left in the Maldives, not only is it super consistent and surf-able in any swell/wind/tide combination, but it is also good at any size, from 0.5 - 2m, and has multiple take off areas to spread out the guests. It’s hard to imagine a better set up so close to your room. Remember surfing numbers are capped at 45 on the island and in addition to island breaks, boats leave twice a day for other nearby reefs to add variety.
While surfing is a huge attraction for those stayting at Hudhuranfushi Resort, I am pretty keen to check out the diving. The Water Sports Centre offers catamaran-sailing courses (international licence), wind surfing, banana rides, canoeing, kite surfing and snorkelling, with the the lagoon a premiere feature at the resort that is teeming with tropical fish.
Hudhuranfushi Resort also has a myriad of other sporting facilities to keep you active and entertained. Have a game of tennis or squash at the courts; work out in the gym or swim some laps in the pool.
This is the ultimate place to stay for keen surfers who want to be as close to the action as possible. Only a 1 minute walk from room to paddle out. These rooms are configured with 1 double bed or 2 single beds with TV, Mini Bar, wardrobe, well appointed bathroom and a small relaxation deck.
The villas are spacious with timber front deck, polished cement flooring, TV, mini bar, bathtub and outdoor open air shower. The beach villas are literally 20 steps under the vegetation canopy to the white sandy beach and lagoon making the beach villas an ideal choice for couple or families with non surfers. Again configered as double bed, 2 singles. Children can also be accommodated for an additional day fee of US$150 (includes accommodation, meals and appropriate beverages).
Approximately 4 hours per day and will include (will vary subject to group preferences);
- Dry Needling Intensive workshop
- Outcome Measures workshop
- Aqua rehabilitation workshop
- Surf Injury Management & Screening workshop
- Relevance of Sleep in Rehabilitation workshop
- Slacklining workshop
- Anatomy and Surface Anatomy Review workshop
Download the 2019 draft Outline for the Educational Timetable
July 1 check in 2pm – July 8 checkout 10am (7 nights)
Early bird discount of 5% for July 1 - September 1.
- Attendees would all need to arrange their airfares/insurance. We considered including in a package but realised with people travelling from different locations around the world and with different travel preferences, it was better for individuals to make their own arrangements.
- It may seem obvious, but if a couple are wishing to attend, at least one of the couple needs to enrol in one of the PD Package options.
The vast majority of this will be tax deductible (this is general advice, so as always confirm with your registered tax agent who understands your individual circumstances), PLUS you will accrue around 28 hours of professional education hours and around 80 awesome hours to share for the rest of the year with all your mates.
There are no events in the selected category