Mulligan's The Pelvis
Examination and Treatment of the SIJ & Pelvis Utilising the Mulligan Concept
Utilising Brian Mulligan's concepts this course is uniquely designed and presented around the world by Mr Mark Oliver (certified Mulligan concepts teacher) to assist practitioners to assess and treat painful conditions involving the pelvic girdle.
This 2-day practical workshop provides participants with new examination and treatment skills for SIJ, pubic symphysis and pelvic dysfunction.
Using the Mulligan Concept and mobilisation with movement (MWM) techniques, Mark has developed a system of analysis and treatment that greatly simplifies the current approach to SIJ and pubic symphysis dysfunction. Most of the treatment techniques are completely original and have never been seen outside this program.
The approach lessens dependence on palpation examination findings and augments pelvic examination with a system of MWM based clinical reasoning and movement analysis.
This approach is easy to learn, appealing to experienced and inexperienced clinicians alike and can be quickly integrated into existing examination and treatment models.
New SIJ self-treatment techniques are also included. In addition, elements of an effective neuromuscular exercise program utilising MWM will be taught.
The combination of MWM and active exercise provides a comprehensive treatment regime for most forms of mechanical sacroiliac and pubic symphysis dysfunction.
"The course provided clear differentiation and assessment of PGP, leading to reasoned treatment – a first in PGP in my long experience. Very effective clinically already. The patient fell into the splits, avulsed all 3 left hamstrings, surgically repaired. 8 months post-op, still struggling to achieve sustained normal gait, hammy difficult to strengthen. Assessment clearly showed failed load transfer and logically where treatment was needed. 3 sessions in, 60% improvement. As I think Brian Mulligan used to remark, ‘smiles all round’.
Laurie McCormack Work Function Victoria
- Have a good understanding of applied anatomy of the pelvic osseous, ligamentous and neuromuscular system as they related to the SIJ, pubic symphysis and hip
- Be aware of current literature related to examination and treatment of the SIJ, pubic symphysis and pelvis
- Have an advanced level of understanding of the Mulligan Concept of MWM and the clinical reasoning process on which it is based
- Be able to confidently perform a basic evaluation of the SIJ and pubic symphysis using Mulligan concept principles and integrate them into an eclectic examination of the pelvis
- Be able to identify significant functional SIJ and pubic symphysis problems
- Be able to confidently perform MWM and self-MWM treatment techniques for the SIJ and pubic symphysis
- Be able to integrate MWM into functional neuromuscular exercise programs for the pelvis
To see the application of Mark’s approach to SIJ problems utilising MWM, look at : Oliver M. 2011 Restoration of trunk extension twenty-three years after iatrogenic injury. In: Mobilisation with Movement: The Art and Science. Vicenzino B, Hing W, Rivett D & Hall T, Elsevier Publishing 179-191.
Rural & Remote Professional Development Support
See Rural Workforce Support Agencies for details in your state or territory.
This 2 day practical workshop has been taught throughout the world by Mark and he has kindly offered to also make it available in Australia. The course will provide participants with new examination and treatment skills for SIJ, pubic symphysis and pelvic dysfunction. Mulligan concepts of assessment and treatment are utilised throughout this course.
An AAP Education Accredited Course. National CPD hours 16.
|Event Date||Sat 13 Nov, 2021|
|Event End Date||Sun 14 Nov, 2021|
|Location||SCGH - Physio Department|
|Ticket Type||Price||Available place|
| AAP Education Member |
Free lifetime membership + benefits with course
| Rural and Remote Clinician |
Eligibility = rural zone RA 3/4/5. Free lifetime membership + benefits with course