NDS - Upper Quarter
Presented by Michael Shacklock and based on his innovative and internationally acclaimed, best-selling text (Clinical Neurodynamics), these widely hosted hands-on courses have been running for 20 years and are offered globally at universities, elite sports centres, and hospitals.
These practical hands-on courses take the therapist from the old concepts of neural tension to a new concept of neurodynamics. Shacklock’s neurodynamic concept is presented clearly and methodically and offers the clinician new techniques for diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal problems with a neural component. The Shacklock concept helps the therapist select and perform new diagnostic and treatment techniques without provoking symptoms and progresses from the highly restricted patient to the athlete. These are illustrated with practical demonstrations and real-time imaging videos of neural movement techniques, collected exclusively by Michael Shacklock and the Neurodynamic Solutions (NDS) faculty.
Key features of the courses include:
- Lab/practical sessions with demonstrations and practising of techniques
- New neural testing and treatment techniques
- New systematic diagnosis and treatment approach
- Integration of neural techniques with the musculoskeletal system
- Systematic progressions from low to high levels of performance
- Scientifically support with evidence-based research and real-time videos of nerve movement
This practical course offers Monday morning neurodynamic solutions for the therapist in musculoskeletal practice.
"I think in a nutshell, what I enjoyed about Michael's course was that he brings together both experience and evidence-based practice to present on a topic that I don't think gets the attention it probably deserves. He introduced a lot of new concepts that do make a lot of sense but I had not considered or been exposed to before. I am looking forward to integrating this into my daily practice as it is an area that may have been missing. Michael was also very approachable and happy to answer any questions and is clearly passionate about this area. It has left me wanting to know how I can incorporate some of these principles into the lower limb and hence would love to do the LL course."
Bronwyn Smith Physiotherapist
- The concept of neurodynamics
- Neurodynamic sequencing
- Effect of bilateral neurodynamic testing on neurodynamics – SLR and upper limb neurodynamic tests
- Neuropathodynamics – expanding the boundaries and classification of different dysfunctions
- Neurodynamic testing – MNT1, MNT2, RNT, UNT, RSNT and sensitisation
- Planning the physical examination – how not to provoke pain but still treat the neurodynamic component. How to sensitise the examination and treatment for hidden neurodynamic problems, level 1,2 and type 3a, 3b, 3c and 3d examinations
- Diagnosis of neurodynamic tests – differentiating neural tissue from neuromusculoskeletal tissues, establishing what is normal and abnormal
- Classification and diagnosis of specific dysfunctions – sliding dysfunction, tension dysfunction, pathophysiological dysfunction, mechanosensitivity dysfunction, mechanical interface dysfunctions, hyperactivity protective muscle dysfunction, innervated tissue dysfunctions
- Method of treatment – system of technique progression, hypersensitivity problems, hidden neural component and sensitised examination
- Treatment progressions – cervical nerve root foraminal opening and closing dysfunctions, neural tension dysfunction, combined neural tension, reduced closing dysfunctions (level/type 3c), lateral elbow pain and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Course registration Saturday 8.45am
Michael Shacklock proposed the concept of neurodynamics in 1995 with his paper in the British Journal Physiotherapy and has further developed it in his book Clinical Neurodynamics.
In this course you cover;
- system of technique progression
- hypersensitivity problems
- subtle and hidden neural component and sensitised treatments
- directing treatment at pathophysiology
- progression from pathophysiology to pathomechanics
An AAP Education Accredited Course. National CPD hours 16.
|Event End Date||Sun-19-Nov-2017|
|Location||Balmain Sports Medicine|
|Ticket Type||Price||Available place|
|New & Recent Graduates||$630.00||2|
|Rural & Remote Clinicians||$630.00||2|