A Practical Guide to Nutrition for Allied Health Professionals
Do you have clients that are 'sore' at the lightest touch? Slow to heal post injury? Have persistent aches and pains despite regular treatment?
Become the detective to unravel the hidden drivers of inflammation.
Are you aware that?
- Absorption and synthesis of protein are compromised for many over the age of 40?
- What are the consequences for muscle, bone and brain healing, and what can you do about it?
- What are the dietary triggers of inflammation, trigger point pain and headache?
- Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis are inflammatory diseases?
- How do ant-acid medications affect healing, energy and mental health?
- How the Gut microbiome influences pain, energy, headache, brain clarity and more?
A Practical Guide to Nutrition for Allied Health Professionals is an introduction to nutrition for physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, and exercise physiologists who want to diversify their understanding of nutrition and how it influences their clients' outcomes. Course creator and presenter, Verona Chadwick has a wealth of experience and qualifications in physiotherapy, musculoskeletal physiotherapy, acupuncture and nutrition, gained from over 25 years while assisting her clients towards a pathway of improved health and wellbeing.
Our goal at AAP Education is to improve clinical understanding and observational skills in the science of nutritional medicine of health professionals. Our aim is to improve the clinical awareness of practitioners of the importance of nutritional factors in wellness, fitness and disease. Practical skills are often not enough.
It may surprise you to know that 63% of Australians are now considered to be obese and many face multiple health challenges. Could you identify a Pre-diabetic state and advise on how to turn it around?
We know that Insulin resistance, digestive issues, constipation, diarrhoea or just a typical Western diet, have a direct impact on tissue healing, muscle wasting, bone healing and chronic pain. This is a great opportunity to spend time with like-minded colleagues and learn new techniques to deal with these issues.
If you are passionate about achieving the best outcome for your patients and would like to gain the confidence to diagnose nutritional deficiencies and talk to your patients about how their diet choices influence their recovery, this 2-day course is for you.
""I was so glad I did the course. I have been trying to get to it for 2 years as I do believe ‘we are what we eat’ and the body requires very good nutrition to function efficiently, for healing etc. A lot of people are finally starting to be interested in the nutrition connection to health and healing. Verona was very thorough and I particularly liked that it was based down to the cellular level. We had a group of 8 which was perfect for the palpation part of the course and also the number of questions asked - we were a group thirsting for knowledge. Great course and highly recommend. Have several clients I immediately identified as perhaps being able to assist better with this newly gained knowledge."
Helen Bignell Physiotherapist
“Great to dispel myths and fallacies of nutrition- was as much benefit for my own knowledge of nutrition- as well as permitting me to refine what I advise my clients”
Francine St George Physiotherapist
"Without a doubt, this seminar/workshop has fulfilled all my expectations and given me a great starting point for understanding nutrition"
Domenic Marziano Chiropractor
“Thankyou to Verona who made the course very informative and interesting. I will now have the confidence to ask clients about their diet and lifestyle, as I now know that these may have a direct impact on their recovery and my treatment success. This course has given me a more holistic approach when assessing patients. It was a real eye-opener”
Linda Chaney Physiotherapist
The objectives of our nutrition course level one, are to understand:
- The importance of the macronutrient (fats, protein & carbs) and micronutrient (vitamin & mineral) building blocks
- The essential nutrients to accelerate muscle and bone repair
- How to identify diet and lifestyle factors that promote inflammation and chronic pain
- Diagnose common nutrient deficiencies that delay healing
- Food allergens and intolerances
- Understand digestion, malabsorption and the influence of the gut microbiome
- How to unravel the complexities of fibromyalgia
- What can go wrong with the cell’s energy factory
- Develop strategies to ensure better health outcomes for your clients
Rural & Remote Professional Development Support
See Rural Workforce Support Agencies for details in your state or territory.
There are no events in the selected category