Ms. Tania Clifton-Smith
Tania is a physiotherapist with 30 year’s experience in the field of breathing dysfunction, breathing pattern disorders, hyperventilation syndrome and physiotherapy.
She co-foundered Breathing Works clinics 1998 and the clinics have since treated over 30,000 individuals with breathing dysfunction.
Tania established the BradCliff Breathing Method in 2008 as a physiotherapy treatment programme for breathing dysfunction and has presented to both medical and non-medical audiences since 1991. Tania teachs the BradCliff Breathing Method courses.
Tania's published works on breathing dysfunction include:
Clifton-Smith T, Rowley, J. (2011). “Breathing pattern disorders and physiotherapy: inspiration for our profession”, Physical Therapy Reviews, 16 (1) p75-86
- Breathe to Succeed (Penguin NZ 1999)
- Dynamic Breathing – managing your asthma. (Random NZ 2008)
- Breathe Stretch & Move. (Random NZ 2002)
- Breathing Matters (Random NZ 2006)
- Recognizing and Treating Breathing Disorders A Multidisciplinary Approach by Leon Chaitow, Christopher Gilbert, Dinah Morrison United Kingdom, 2013 Chapter 7.6 Breathing Pattern Disorders and the Athlete
- Guidelines :Severe Asthma Toolkit Australia
- Co-authored the Dysfunctional Breathing section
- NZ Asthma and Allergy educational board
- NZ physiotherapy business development advisory group