The Shoulder: Theory and Practice Online
Presented by Dr. Jeremy Lewis, The Shoulder: Theory & Practice follows a biopsychosocial approach for the assessment and management of musculoskeletal conditions involving the shoulder region. Taught worldwide in over 35 countries, this course is continually updated, integrating the latest research evidence
In addition to assessment & management of the shoulder region, this course synthesises the complex relationships between; the shoulder & body biomechanics, pain science, lifestyle, patient psychosocial factors, beliefs & expectations, best practice, & more …and is guaranteed to be fun.
This course remains a ‘work in progress’ and is continually being updated with the emergence of new research and clinical understanding. As a result, many people have participated on two and some on three occasions. This course will be thought-provoking and provide an opportunity to discuss ideas and share experiences.
The Shoulder: Theory & Practice Taster
- To develop a better understanding and knowledge of the clinical anatomy and biomechanics of the shoulder region.
- To appreciate the importance of taking a biopsychosocial approach to patient management.
- To develop a comprehensive subjective and physical evaluation strategy for the shoulder that considers local and referred sources of pain and directs the clinician to develop an appropriate management plan.
- To develop greater confidence with the physical assessment of the shoulder region and a better understanding of the evidence for the use of the selected assessment techniques.
- To develop a greater understanding and knowledge of various pathologies of the shoulder region.
- To develop greater competency in the management of patients with a variety of shoulder pathologies.
- To review the research evidence relating to the influence of posture and muscle imbalance and its relationship with shoulder pathology.
- To review the evidence underpinning the pathology, and the assessment and management of various shoulder conditions, including rotator cuff related shoulder pain and frozen shoulder
- To review the research evidence evaluating the use of diagnostic imaging as part of the management for musculoskeletal disorders of the shoulder.
- To review the research evidence evaluating the use of injections as part of the management for musculoskeletal disorders of the shoulder.
- To develop greater confidence in the use of exercise therapy and other techniques for managing shoulder conditions and evaluation of the efficacy of the techniques, balanced against the evidence base for using these techniques.
- Lewis, J., McCreesh, K., Roy, J. S., & Ginn, K. (2015). Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy: Navigating the Diagnosis-Management Conundrum. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther, 1-43. doi:10.2519/jospt.2015.5941
- Lewis, J. (2016). Rotator cuff related shoulder pain: Assessment, management and uncertainties. Manual Therapy, 23, 57-68.
IFOMPT 2016 KeyNote Address
You can view Jeremy's keynote address at IFOMT 2016 where he updates all things Shoulder
The Shoulder Theory & Practice LIVE ONLINE (2 * weekends)
Please note this is a live online course with Jeremy, not a recorded course.
Little need to introduce this hallmark course on shoulder assessment and rehabilitation. This option provides a unique opportunity to learn from an experienced clinician and researcher, who has combined many professional fields to excel in holistically assessing and treating the shoulder joint complex, all from your home or office.
United Kingdom Dates & Times (Please make adjustments for your local time +/- daylight saving)
- Saturday February 5, 2022 5:30am to 10:00am (4.5 hours)
- Sunday February 6, 2022 5:30am to 9:30am (4.0 hours)
- Saturday March 5, 2022 5:30am to 10:00am (4.5 hours)
- Sunday March 6, 2022 5:30am to 9:30am (4.0 hours)
We will be using Zoom Meetings. Details on accessing will be sent out closer to the course start date.
See blog post The Shoulder: Theory & Practice for full course review.
An AAP Education Accredited course. AHPRA CPD 18 hours.
|Event Date||Sat 05 Feb, 2022|
|Event End Date||Sun 06 Mar, 2022|
|Ticket Type||Price||Available place|
AAP Education Member
Free lifetime membership + benefits with course